Los Angeles, CA
Museum of Broken Relationships
A new museum opening in Hollywood mid-May is seeking a creative and focused Special Events Assistant to support the Museum Director and Assistant Director during promotion, opening, and beyond.Assistant duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as Assistant for planning of all special events, helping out where needed.
- Support and participate in creative planning and brainstorming sessions for special events.
- Be prepared to coordinate invitations, invoices, RSVP’s, ticket distribution, and vendors.
- Administrative support duties such as phone calls, email correspondence, press and calendar management.
- Serve as event staff support for onsite and offsite events (occasional nights and weekends).
- General gallery duties including care of the work, stepping in to assist floor staff.
- At least 2 years administrative and coordination experience in event planning.
- An excellent communicator with strong customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop.
- Comfort interacting with all levels within the organization as well as external vendors, guests, and partner companies.
- Strong interest in the arts.
Job Type: Part-time
- Event Coordination: 2 years
About the Museum
The Museum of Broken Relationships grew from a traveling exhibition revolving around the concept of failed relationships and their ruins. The museum offers a chance to overcome an emotional collapse through creation: by contributing to the Museum’s collection. Although often colored by personal experience, local culture, and history, the exhibits presented here form universal patterns offering us to discover them and feel the comfort they can bring. Hopefully they can also inspire our personal search for deeper insights and strengthen our belief in something more meaningful than random suffering.
Conceptualized in Croatia by an artist ex-couple, MoBR started in 2006 and became a permanent museum in Zagreb in 2010. It will open its second location in the heart of Los Angeles in May 2016. The museum will feel right at home in a city that is steeped in such history of wild dreams and crushing defeats.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Amanda Vandenberg, Assistant Director, at email@example.com.