Invertigo Dance Theatre
Culver City, CA
Invertigo Dance Theatre is looking for the next great intern to help with an exciting new year. Invertigo is a non-profit contemporary dance company with an office in Culver City. Performances and classes happen across the LA area, all year long. Invertigo strives to create dance programming that “anybody with a body” can enjoy, including performances, Dancing Through Parkinson’s, and workshops and classes for youth through the Invert/ED program.
The Spring Marketing & Development Intern will be an important member of our small staff and will help make our performances, programs, and fundraising campaigns successful.
Specific duties will vary based on the intern’s interests and skills, but will likely include: finding and submitting calendar listings; creating, reviewing and distributing printed materials; writing copy for a variety of uses, including grants; creating email campaigns in MailChimp; creating promo images in Canva or InDesign/Photoshop; helping at donor events, and updating information in PatronManager.
We request a commitment of 10-20 hours per week from January through May, with the possibility of extension into the summer. Work will be based in Invertigo’s Culver City office, with the possibility of some occasional travel to run errands, or to performances and class sites. Work hours will mostly be Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm, with some evening and weekend hours possible.
A stipend will be paid, with the amount dependent on qualifications and number of hours worked. We’ll happily work with a school or college to arrange academic credit for the internship.
Desired characteristics and qualifications
- Invertigo’s culture is very collaborative and hard-working, so the ideal intern will be a great team member and can also take on a project or task and work independently.
- Interest or background in dance, performing arts, and/or education
- Excellent writing skills, especially writing for marketing materials, social media, e-newsletters, or grant proposals
- Experience marketing an organization or event through social media
- Proficiency with Google Docs/Sheets and MS Office
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop/InDesign, Canva, and/or Mailchimp is desired but not required. We will train the right candidate.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- Curiosity, an inquisitive mind, and a quick learner
- A great sense of humor is a must!
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] and use “Spring Marketing & Development Intern” as the email subject. In your cover letter please describe which part of the job or project description is most interesting to you and what you would like to gain from this internship experience. Candidates may be asked for writing or work samples and references.
To learn more about what it means to be an Invertigo Intern, read about our 2017 Summer Intern’s experience here.
For more information about Invertigo Dance Theatre please visit www.InvertigoDance.org
Application submission deadline January 21, 2018.