Greenway Arts Alliance
Los Angeles, CA
Greenway Arts Alliance is seeking a part-time Student Programs Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Student Programs, the ideal candidate will be results and detailed oriented with the ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced and extremely unique work environment.
The Student Programs Coordinator is integral for promoting a culture of learning by assisting with the development and management of arts education, workforce, leadership development, and community-service programs we provide for the students of Fairfax High School.
- Assisting with student outreach and programming: coordinate recruitment and outreach efforts, co-plan and execute special events, assist with departmental social media planning and execution
- Assisting with student volunteer groups: maintaining event calendar, scheduling orientations, liaising with group sponsors and school administration, coordinating volunteer day schedules, follow-up presentations and final evaluations
- Assisting with general office management: answering department phones; coordinating program calendars, schedules and logistics
- Helping to build and maintain a professional, sustainable communication structure among students, parents, teachers, school administration and Greenway staff
- Collaborating across Greenway departments for ever-evolving program development
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Participating in special initiatives when needed, such as fundraising and outreach efforts
The right candidate will:
- Have experience with environments specializing in youth and arts-based programs
- Possess great organizational and communication skills, with attention to detail
- Have a great sense of humor and be able to positively engage different personalities
- Be Internet-savvy with proficiency in MS Office
- Have a valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation
- Pass a LiveScan background check
- Be able to lift 30 lbs. and be on your feet for several hours at a time
- Working knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms
- Experience with non-profit/arts organizations
- Being bilingual in Spanish
This is an hourly, exempt position. 25-30 hours per week, rate DOE. Candidates must be available on select Sundays, with an afternoon schedule Monday through Thursday.
Start Date: Immediately
Hourly Rate: $15.00-$18.00
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com with the subject line: Student Programs Coordinator
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls.
Greenway Arts Alliance is a 501c3, non-profit organization that utilizes arts and social enterprise as tools to forge connections between a broad constituency of artists, educators, community members, students and audiences: The Greenway Court Theatre produces original theatrical works; Greenway Institute for the Arts serves youth through in-school and after-school arts education and youth leadership programs; and The Melrose Trading Post is a weekly arts and collectibles market that provides leadership and job training opportunities for the students of Fairfax High School.
Greenway is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, please visit us at greenwayartsed.org