Culver City, CA
Job description: Art studio is seeking an organized and professional individual with preparator experience to join a motivated and committed team as a full-time Studio Associate/Preparator. The ideal candidate will be a can-do, hands-on person with the ability to work independently and with strong problem-solving skills, including the capacity to tactfully and effectively resolve a wide range of issues that may arise in the studio and in our projects.
The Studio Associate/Preparator maintains tools and supplies integral to the studio, does some fabrication, installation/de-installation and related activities, and orders supplies as needed. They supervise the movement of artwork, including receiving, packing/unpacking, shipping, storage, and occasionally transporting artwork while handling objects and equipment in a safe and professional manner. The Studio Associate/Preparator also provides administrative support on a current construction project.
Requirements of the position
- The ability to maintain the cleanliness of the studio while implementing best practices in storing tools, packing/shipping materials, and related supplies.
- Demonstrated experience working with small hand and power tools, and working knowledge of construction methods such as drywall, painting, and framing. Carpentry/woodworking skills are a plus.
- Strong work ethic, a high level of professionalism, and ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple projects under deadlines.
- Computer proficiency, with experience using Word and Excel. Macintosh experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Occasional weekend hours may be required, depending on the nature of projects underway.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter, along with your salary expectations to [email protected] with “Studio Associate/Preparator” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.