Sculpture Conservation Studio
Sculpture Conservation Studio is currently recruiting a part-time Studio Manager who will coordinate and conduct a broad range of administrative duties in support of the business. This role will perform administrative tasks; maintain current client relationships; and assist with conservation treatments.
Administrative Tasks (50%)
Financial – Accounts payable, payroll, mileage, employee paid-time off, health payouts, correspondence with CPA, making bank deposits, reconciling all cash and credit accounts.
Project Specific – Arranging on-site logistics such as ordering heavy equipment (fork-lifts, scissor lifts, and scaffolding), conservation materials, lodging and travel stipends.
Internal Administration - Maintain accurate and organized digital and physical calendars, email inbox, and studio notes. Communicating with staff on a consistent basis, particularly with Owner and principal conservator who spends some time abroad. Renewing memberships with professional networks. Order and receive materials and office supplies as necessary. Updating website and company LinkedIn profile with current information. Receiving phone calls, messages, and returning correspondence as necessary.
Registration – Receive artworks for treatment in studio and provide proper documentation. May require some art-handling.
Client Relations (25%)
Work with clients in arranging permits, certificates of insurance, business tax licensure, and on-site logistics. Will work with the Owner and principal conservator to complete and send treatment proposals, treatment reports, invoicing, RFPs, and RFQs. Will work with the Owner and principal conservator to arrange schedules.
Under the close supervision of SCS Owner and principal conservator, as well as senior conservation technicians, aid in conservation maintenance and treatment.
Performs other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Total Percentage = 100%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus course work in an arts-related field and two years experience in a professional office/administration setting or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of QuickBooks 2021 Desktop with an aptitude to migrate to QuickBooks online, as well as a working knowledge of Paychex Online payroll system.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders; operate a computer with demonstrated proficiency using contemporary databases, word processing and spreadsheets software applications; display and attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all staff; communicate effectively in the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance; complete assignments in a timely fashion; understand and comply with all rules, policies and regulations; maintain prompt and regular attendance; perform all essential and marginal functions as assigned by an authorized employee, supervisor and/or principal conservator with or without reasonable accommodation.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, and Training
- Desired candidates will have an interest and passion in art conservation, art history, and arts in general. Knowledge of public art is a plus.
- Some art-handling experience is a plus.
- Some experience in Squarespace, Wix, or similar website building platforms.
- Must enjoy working independently as well as part of a team.
Candidate must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally lifting/carrying up to 35 pounds. Also, the employee is occasionally pushing/pulling up to 35 pounds. The noise level is occasionally moderate. Work includes sensory ability to talk, hear, and touch. Work in this position also includes close vision. Employees will sit but may assist on-site which will require standing for long-periods of time. Position requires hand/finger dexterity.
The work environment will include inside and outside conditions, with some remote work.