The Camp MusArt Music Teaching Artist position will serve as the principal music instructor and music director for LAMusArt’s 2022 Summer Music Revue Production. The Music instructor will be responsible for introducing students to varying concepts in music, music appreciation and technique while simultaneously teaching all the music needed for the show.
• Develop, coordinate, and execute curriculum in music that introduces students ages 7 to 15 to musical concepts, sight-reading, music history and a diversified repertoire.
• Supervise student participants during class times, rehearsals, and breaks
• Teach all music required for the show.
•Provide audio support and supervision for the actual culminating performance.
• Assist Camp MusArt and LAMusArt staff in the planning, development, and execution of the culminating student performance.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS DESIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in a music field (such as performance or education) from an accredited college or university (enrolled or graduated)
• Experience developing curriculum and working or supervising K-12 age students.
• Familiarity with music direction, choral music and musical storytelling.
• Knowledge of California Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities.
• Ability to work cooperatively and as part of a team.
• Conversational level in Spanish preferred but not required
• Possession of a valid California driver’s license, personal vehicle, and valid insurance.
• LAMusArt requires its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to certain exemptions as required by law.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and music lesson plan to Executive Director, Manuel Prieto at [email protected] by 4/1/22.