Los Angeles, CA
Position: Summer Program Art Teacher (Full-Time, Seasonal)
Location: 3630 E 3rd St. Los Angeles, CA 90063 (East Los Angeles)
Reports to: Executive Director
Dates: June 17-July 19 (5 weeks)
Hours: M-F 8:00am – 4:30pm
Compensation: Depending on experience and education
Since 1945, LAMusArt is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of youngsters by providing them with the resources for a high quality arts education. We aim to provide opportunities for underserved students in East Los Angeles and its surrounding communities, regardless of race, gender,aptitude, or socio-economic status, to engage in and have access to multidisciplinary and sequential lowcost and/or no-cost arts education programs.
The Camp MusArt Visual Arts Teaching Artist position will serve as the principal visual arts instructor and production designer for LAMusArt’s 2019 production of Camp MusArt’s Guys and Dolls Jr. The Visual Arts Teaching Artists will be responsible for introducing students to varying concepts in the visual arts while simultaneously leading the creation of props (if needed) for the show.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute curriculum in the visual arts that introduces students ages 7 to 15 to concepts such as line work, light and shadows, texture, perspective, etc.
- Supervise student participants during class times, rehearsals, and breaks
- Coordinate props required for the show
- Assist Camp MusArt and LAMusArt staff in the planning, development, and execution of the culminating student performance
- Bachelor’s degree in an arts field (such as performance or education) from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required.
- Experience developing curriculum and working or supervising K-12 age students
- Knowledge of California Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work cooperatively and as part of a team
- Conversational level in Spanish preferred but not required
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, personal vehicle, and valid insurance.
- Cover Letter
- Résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- Portfolio Sample
- Lesson Plan/ Curriculum Sample
HOW TO APPLY
Please send all documents to Manny Prieto, Executive Director via email to [email protected].