Tim Barber Ltd.
Los Angeles, CA
Tim Barber Ltd. seeks a supervising architect to join our busy Los Angeles studio. This full-time, senior-level role is second in responsibility to only the principal architect/CEO and will be primarily responsible for mentoring staff and improving the protocols and efficiency of our 20-member firm. The supervising architect will work directly with the director of design, project managers, and design associates to ensure that the quality of architecture documents, design services, financial protocols, and client care reflect our standards. They will also work closely with the director of design and controller to ensure optimal staffing, sufficient resources, and best procedures for proper employee development.
- Providing quality control review of progress architectural construction documents
- Refining and upholding policies for project management
- Improving operating procedures to increase profits and efficiency
- Supporting project managers and their teams through effective staffing, distribution of projects, and scheduling of work
- Overseeing the execution of the operating budget as approved by the CEO
- Recruiting the best talent available for the company
- Conducting project manager reviews and oversee design associate reviews
- An architect license and/or a five-year architecture degree
- 5+ years' experience in custom, luxury single family residential design
- Construction document management and review experience
- Significant team-building, leadership, and supervisory experience within an architecture practice
- Familiarity with the IBC, CA Building Code, and general code compliance review
- Familiarity with interior detailing and waterproofing
- Advanced proficiency in Revit, CAD, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluency in English
- Impeccable interpersonal skills
- An eagerness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands (sometimes literally!) dirty
Familiarity with SketchUp and/or BillQuick are preferred, but not required. Candidates must be willing and able to learn new software as needed.
- A salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Matching 401K
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Safe, paid parking
We are committed to growing, engaging, and supporting our team, and provide numerous opportunities throughout the year for employees to lead and/or participate in design charrettes; attend educational and industry events; design and conduct relevant group outings; contribute to our blog; give and receive professional feedback; and celebrate career achievements. To promote a healthy work-life balance (and a healthy life, in general!), we also offer flexible scheduling (M-F: 7 am - 4 pm; 8 am - 5 pm; or 9 am - 6 pm) and provide office beverages and snacks.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send the following to [email protected]:
- A cover letter addressed to Tim Barber, A.I.A. that describes the reasons why you'd be a great fit for this role and our firm.
- Your resume/CV
- Your portfolio (PDF files under 8 MB or a link)
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. We strongly encourage you to familiarize yourself with our work prior to applying.
If you have any questions about our firm, this position, or your application status, please contact our Media Manager, Katelyn Remington.
No phone calls, drop-ins, or mailed applications, please.