Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Supply Store/Print Center Assistant PT
Department: Retail Center
Position Type: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Hourly Rate: $13.50/hour
The Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) is seeking a part- time Supply Store/Print Center Assistant to be a part of a diverse community of 500 students, 80+ faculty and 65 staff. SCI-Arc brings together accomplished architectural professionals who encourage creativity, share knowledge, and foster independence by focusing on the individual learning experience.
This is an immediate opening for a part-time (20 – 25 hour per week) Supply Sales / Print Center Assistant in the SCI-Arc Retail Center.
- Customer Service – Handle printing to various wide format printers, ring up sales, answer phones, assist customers, interact with students and the public
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Responsibility with cash box
- Receive orders
- Inventory – stock shelves, straighten Store and Print center, notify Manager of low inventory
- Open and close store - The responsibility of being a store key holder
- Move merchandise, displays, shelving
- Housekeeping – sweeping, dusting, taking out trash
- Be knowledgeable about the merchandise
- Supervise student workers
- Work on creative product displays
- Some lifting and overhead reaching will be required.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 30 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a retail environment (art/architecture retail experience preferred)
- Cashier experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Natural hospitable demeanor
- Responsible and reliable
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to work three week days and one 5-hour weekend day. Flexibility is a must as this schedule is subject to change periodically
- Experience with wall mounted cutters preferred
- Creative merchandising experience preferred
- Experience with Professional Artists mediums preferred
SCI-Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
How To Apply
Apply online at: https://my.sciarc.edu/ICS/Employment_Info/