Symphonic Jazz Orchestra
The Symphonic Jazz Orchestra (www.SJOmusic.org) is a non-profit organization that inspires the next generation through its Music in the Schools program, which currently serves 4,700 students each week in schools from Watts to Long Beach. The 68-member professional ensemble also performs, records and commissions symphonic jazz.
The SJO is now seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Education Manager and the expanding Music in the Schools program, as well as assist with special events and concerts. The ability to multi-task and work as an effective member of a team is essential. The ideal candidate for this position is resourceful, a good problem solver, and has strong communication and organizational skills.
• Assist in coordinating Teaching Artist’s schedules, paperwork, trainings etc.
• Support organization of curriculum documents and other support files
• Support communication and scheduling issues between schools and teaching artists
• Compile and organize teacher evaluations
• Compose and send a weekly E-Blast and send social media posts and email communications
• Research and purchase office and music program supplies & oversee inventory
• Assist in filing and general office organization
• Assist in Event Planning and communications
• Transport food and supplies for events, including unloading, setting-up, and breaking down which can occur on weekends or evenings.
• Work at events including volunteer management
• Coordinate the annual commissioning competition
• Take minutes at quarterly Board meetings
• Respond to questions and requests for information
• Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, various email platforms and Facebook. Familiarity with Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, Trello and Dropbox a plus.
• Dedicated self-starter able to operate independently with limited infrastructure
• Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills
• Non-profit and/or school experience a plus