We need your help to make sure our leaders understand the importance of a fully funded Department of Cultural Affairs.
Tomorrow, LA leadership will consider the city's 2020-2021 budget. The current proposal includes changes to the main source of funding for the Department of Cultural Affairs and could severely impact support for our creative communities.
1. SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT. Tell your story about how DCA investment in the arts has impacted your community. Be sure to include a clear ask: City Council must not make changes to the Transient Occupancy Tax that will adversely impact arts and culture funding in Los Angeles. Please eliminate the recommendations in Exhibit H.
Submit your written comment here. Written comment will be accepted until 10:00am tomorrow, Wednesday, May 19.
2. CONTACT YOUR COUNCIL MEMBER ON SOCIAL MEDIA. Feel free to use the sample post below - be sure to tag your City Council Member!
SAMPLE POST: A fully funded DCA is vital to the artists, cultural services, and programs for families + youth that ensure our city’s reputation as the creative capital of the world. ELIMINATE THE RECOMMENDATIONS IN EXHIBIT H TO PROECT ARTS + CULTURE IN LA!
We need your help to make sure our leaders understand the importance of the arts and vital County programs that support the arts.
1. SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT. Tell your story about how County investment in the arts has impacted your community.
Send your public comment by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line "Public Comment Regarding May 13 Public Hearing on the Budget." Written comment will be accepted until 12:00pm on Tuesday, May 12.
2. CONTACT YOUR SUPERVISOR. Find your LA County representative here and call them. Let them know how important public arts funding has been to your community.
Supervisor Solis: (213) 974-4111
Supervisor Ridley-Thomas: (213) 974-2222
Supervisor Kuehl: (213) 974-3333
Supervisor Hahn: (213) 974-4444
Supervisor Barger: (213) 974-5555
3. POST YOUR STORY ONLINE. Share a post describing the impact of LA County arts programs on your community - be sure to tag your Supervisor!
4. CALL IN TO THE BUDGET MEETING AND TELL YOUR STORY.
At 10:00am on Wednesday, May 13, you can address the Board live by calling (844) 291-6355 and entering the participant code 9823598.