Grand Vision Foundation
San Pedro, CA
Teaching Artist position with Grand Vision Foundation
Since 2009, Grand Vision Foundation’s Meet the Music programming (MTM) has provided music education opportunities to Title I elementary schools in the LA Harbor area. We are currently hiring a Teaching Artist to present our Roots of Music Program (RoMP) for fourth graders in local Title I schools in San Pedro and Wilmington during the 2016-17 school year.
Each semester-long session of RoMP lasts for 12 weeks, comprising approximately 20 hours of teaching time (at two schools per semester) and paid training. In school, the Teaching Artist presents assembly style lessons for 50-120 students at a time, comprised of cultural learning and group music making, at two schools per day. In addition, the Teaching Artist would assist in hosting students for interactive world music concerts at our theatres. The teaching artist would be hired immediately, training would begin in late August, and the position would begin in early September.
- A curious, creative, respectful, dedicated and outgoing personality required
- A knowledge of progressive teaching practices and arts education required
- 3-5 years of experience as a high-level Teaching Artist required; formal Teaching Artist training preferred; experience presenting effectively to large groups of elementary students preferred.
- Strong singing and choral direction experience required; experience providing percussive, guitar and/or ukulele accompaniment preferred.
- Fluency with Powerpoint presentations, PA systems, computer projectors, and school environments required. Some assistance provided.
- Reliable transportation and a valid CA driver’s license is required. Contractor must carry his/her own insurance.
- Spanish fluency preferred
Please email PDF attachments (with your name in the title) of your resume and a short cover letter explaining why your experience and qualifications match this position, to email@example.com with the subject line: MTM Teaching Artist. No phone calls please. Please familiarize yourself with the program before applying at http://www.grandvision.org/education/meet-the- music/.