The Young Shakespeareans
The Young Shakespeareans marries the challenge of Shakespeare with the magic and broad platform of theatre to empower and embolden Title 1 elementary & middle school children's self-awareness, and transferable academic and life skills. Our motto is “If I can do Shakespeare, I can do anything!”.
We currently seek a Teaching Artist in Costume & Props Design for our Virtual Program. All applicants should review our website (theyoungshakespeareans.com) prior to responding to be familiar with our mission, values, process, and the community we serve.
Timing & Responsibilities:
- Immediate - Design Curriculum for a 60-hour program;
- January thru May 2021 - online teaching of 20 workshops
(2-3 hours twice weekly after-school workshops over a 12 week period in Pacific Time Zone).
- Teaching elementary and middle school children (grades 4-8, ages 9-15);
- Curriculum Development;
- Prior successful collaborations with various Theatrical Creative teams;
- Proven respect for and ability to meet expectations in deliverables on deadline;
- Prior successful relationships with Production Supervision & Administration.
- Positive, Engaging, Kind, Playful Attitude;
- Driven to inspire children’s confidence and desire to learn;
- Creative with both Independent and Collaborative work ethic;
- Problem-Solver by Nature;
- Ability to follow fixed Curriculum paired with ability to quickly Improvise.
Proficiency in/Comfort with:
- Online Team Communication;
- Online Instruction/Communication;
- Digital Design & Execution;
- Photoshop and/or other Design software and online applications.
- BFA or MFA in Costume/Props Design.
- Curriculum Development - Flat Project Fee - $1,000.00;
- Teaching Artist - Approx. Sixty-hour commitment @ $40.00 hourly;
- No benefits.
Thanks very much for your attention and interest!
Do you like this post?