Museum of Latin American Art
Long Beach, CA
The Museum of Latin American Art (MOLAA) in Long Beach, CA seeks passionate, bilingual contract art instructors to facilitate art workshops for museum visitors, ages 6 and up, through our School Tour and Workshop Program. This position is coordinated through MOLAA’s Education Department.
Position Title: Contract Teaching Artist (TA)
Status: Independent Contractor position, as needed.
Workshops: One-hour or two-hour workshop sessions available Tuesday-Saturday beginning at 10:00am. Limited workshops are available on weekends.
Availability: Must be available between the hours of 9:30am and 3:00pm on selected workshop days, and attend mandatory trainings at least twice a year.
Compensation: DOE, starting rate $35 (1 hr. workshops) – $45 (2 hr. workshops, $10 more for the second hour of teaching).
- BA or BFA in Art, Art Education, or equivalent experience
- Experience interpreting and teaching art at any level
- Experience with a variety of art processes and materials, including drawing, painting, collage and some basic printmaking (stamping)
- Ability to manage a classroom of up to 30 students
- Ability to communicate effectively with museum staff, docents and chaperones
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Enthusiastic, flexible, creative and organized
Please send a current CV, digital samples artworks and a brief cover letter to:
Nalini Elias, Education Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Teaching Artist
ABOUT THE MUSEUM OF LATIN AMERICAN ART
The Museum of Latin American Art (MOLAA) in Long Beach, California is the only museum in the western United States that exclusively features contemporary Latin American and Latino art. The museum is easily accessible via public transportation.
The Museum of Latin American Art expands knowledge and appreciation of modern and contemporary Latin American art through its Collection, ground-breaking Exhibitions, stimulating Educational Programs, and engaging Cultural Events.