Long Beach, CA
Trained in string pedagogy, the Teaching Assistant supports instruction during the
LBUSD Harmony Project weekday program. This position is designed as a hands-on training
opportunity for music education experience. Harmony Project is hiring teaching assistants that specialize in violin, viola, cello and string bass.
Status: This is a part-time position.
Availability: Monday-Thursday 2pm-5:30pm (TBD) and Saturday 8:30am-12:30pm
Pay rate: $25-$40/hour depending on experience
Start Date: Instruction will begin Fall 2021
● Personally and musically acts as a mentor and role model to younger Harmony Project
● Responsible for setting up and tearing down the rehearsal space.
● Assists and supports Music Teacher and Music Director in large group and sectional
● Teach individual and small group lessons as directed.
● Provides support for additional activities as needed.
Requirements: The Teaching Assistant must be proficient in violin, viola, cello and/or string
bass and be available to participate in the weekday LBUSD Harmony Project program.
Please send resume, references, and brief cover letter to:
Rebecca Rivera, program manager at [email protected]
Subject Line: Teaching Assistant-Long Beach
Applications will be reviewed immediately and Interviews will be scheduled for Summer 2021.
ABOUT HARMONY PROJECT
Harmony Project is Los Angeles’ largest 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization solely dedicated to
music education for youth. We have been recognized as one of the most effective arts-based
youth interventions in the nation.
OUR MISSION IS:
● To promote the healthy growth and development of children through the study, practice
and performance of music.
● To build healthier communities by investing in the positive development of children
● To develop children as musical ambassadors of peace, hope and understanding
amongst people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and beliefs.
We accomplish this by bringing quality music instruction and ensemble playing to children who
otherwise would not have access to it; complementing music education with supporting
resources and opportunities; and fostering a community of families that actively support their
children’s growth and development.
Harmony Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Harmony Project please visit harmony-project.org