The Young Shakespeareans
The Young Shakespeareans marries the challenge of Shakespeare with the magic and broad platform of theatre to empower and embolden Title 1 elementary & middle school children's self-awareness, and transferable academic and life skills. Our motto is “If I can do Shakespeare, I can do anything!”.
For our Virtual Online Program, we currently seek:
- a Teaching Artist in Sound Design;
- a Teaching Artist in Costume Design.
All applicants should review our website (theyoungshakespeareans.com) prior to responding to be familiar with our mission, values, process, and the community we serve.
Timing & Responsibilities:
- February thru May 2021 - Online Teaching of 20 Workshops
(2 hours twice weekly after-school workshops over a 12 week period in Pacific Time Zone).
- Teaching middle school children (grades 6-8, ages 11-15);
- Prior successful collaborations with various Theatrical Creative teams;
- Proven respect for and ability to meet expectations in deliverables on deadline;
- Prior successful relationships with Production Supervision & Administration.
- Positive, Engaging, Kind, Playful Attitude;
- Driven to inspire children’s confidence and desire to learn;
- Creative with both Independent and Collaborative work ethic;
- Problem-Solver by Nature;
- Ability to follow Curriculum paired with ability to quickly Improvise.
Proficiency in/Comfort with:
- Online Team Communication;
- Online Instruction/Communication;
- BFA or MFA in Sound Design or Costume Design
- Sixty-hour commitment @ $46.66 hourly (gross) via bi-weekly direct deposit;
- No additional benefits.
Thanks very much for your attention and interest!