Long Beach, CA
Long Beach, California
Technical Assistant (Part-Time)
Schedule: 3-4 days (7-8 hours/day), flexible schedule
Pay Rate: $15 an hour
Dramatic Results is an award-winning, non-profit, agency that has been solving educational challenges since 1992 by building collaborative learning environments that integrate hands-on artistic experiences with STEM and other curricula. Dramatic Results’ focus is on under-served and at-risk youth, particularly in Title 1 schools throughout Los Angeles County.
We are currently seeking an IT assistant with a strong understanding of technology and a willingness to provide administrative support on tasks both big and small. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and Operations Manager to guarantee the efficient day-to-day operations of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE
- In-depth knowledge of software systems and tools, as well as the ability and willingness to regularly research best practices/methods
- Ensure smooth operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; updating and ordering new equipment as needed; and setting up equipment for events/meetings
- Create and/or maintain functionality and access of various websites, Google Forms, and Spreadsheets used by employees and collaborating teachers
- Assist Communications/Development Associate with photo management and Wix website maintenance/updating (experience with social media platforms a plus)
- Work with Program Coordinators to conduct student and teacher assessments using well-maintained iPads, as well as manage backend data
Provide administrative assistance in the following ways:
- Data entry
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Assist Executive Director and Operations Manager with troubleshooting, filing, copying, binding, scanning, purchasing etc.
- Discreetly manage confidential and time sensitive material
- Deliver materials as needed at elementary schools across Long Beach
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Two work references
- Strong understanding and experience working with technology hardware and software
- Spanish language a plus
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Pleasant disposition and can-do attitude
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Strong troubleshooting and research skills
- Administrative experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your résumé, two work references and cover letter to Ryan Nuckolls at [email protected]. Application deadline: May 13, 2018.