The Actors’ Gang
Culver City, CA
Technical Director. The Actors’ Gang. Culver City.
The Actors’ Gang is a 99-seat ensemble based theatre company working in a historical landmark venue in Culver City with a rich history that utilizes workshop style craftsmanship of productions and programs. The Technical Director (or TD) works closely with the Production Manager and Artistic Department in a team enviroment overseeing 11 months of in-house programming and touring.
The TD is responsible for operating, protecting, and maintaining the theater’s technical assets, while also managing and overseeing the different technical departments, budgeting and staff.
We are looking for an all-rounder who possess a working knowledge of each of the technical theater disciplines, including set, lighting, sound, effects and design, along with costumes and props as needed.
They are responsible for:
- Setting and enforcing safe-use guidelines for equipment
- Routinely performing (or delegating) preventative maintenance on equipment
- Purchasing new equipment and replacing failing equipment as needed
- Keeping an inventory of the theater's technical supplies
- Overseeing and assisting throughout tech week and the load-in/load-out process
- Hire, recruit, or train technical staff
- Attend meetings and regular check-ins with the departments
- Schedule technical staff for events, rentals or performances
- Set project deadlines
- Create and implement budgets
- Act as the technical point of contact for renters and outside productions, as well as touring venues
- Generates technical riders and documentation for touring
- Acting as the last line of defense for technical problems
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Do you like this post?