24th Street Theatre
Los Angeles, CA
L.A's 24th Street Theatre is currently hiring an experienced non-union Technical Director. This is a permanent FT non-exempt staff position, with full health care benefits.
24th Street is one of LA's premiere theatre venues with a busy schedule of it's own theatrical productions, workshops, and events, and guest productions. This is a great opportunity to become a key part of a reputable team of theatre professionals.
· Min 3 years experience in technical theatre
· Knowledge of electrical, lighting, audio, video, production scheduling, design elements, computer skills.
· Able to troubleshoot and repair theatre equipment
· Excellent communicator as 24th Street's TD interacts with actors, designers, directors, stage managers, with local children and their families, and with the general public. We work hard to always maintain a positive working atmosphere, so having the ability to communicate is a must.
· Leadership skills; must be a good leader who can supervise volunteers, tech crews, load-ins and strikes.
· Individual must be self-motivated, well organized manager of time, able to meet deadlines.
· Must be a team player to interact with other staff members.
· flexible, as this is a bustling small theatre which provides new challenges daily. Ability to improvise is a Must.
· Resourceful and creative, able to think out of the box and find alternate/better/different way to make great things happen. And, as for everyone working in a small non-profit, a sense of humor is A MUST!
· Oversees all technical elements of all 24th Street productions & events.
· Supervises all rental productions and events, load-ins, and strikes.
· Repairs equipment and keeps theatre organized inventory.
· Maintains facility.
· Works with staff to achieve individual project goals and schedules.
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com