Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre
Los Angeles, CA
Working closely with the Artistic/Executive Director, Production/Stage Manager and project Designers, the Technical Director is responsible for managing the company’s production technical needs and supervising production and technical crew during rehearsals and performances. Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is seeking a candidate with exceptional communication and technical skills, leadership and management skills, a desire for a career in arts administration, and a passion for site-specific productions.
Position reports to: Artistic/Executive Director
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain and safeguard the technical assets of the production, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, video, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of production supplies.
- Determine the production needs, such as lighting, sound, video, staging, and special needs, and develop a plan and timeline to successfully implement the technical assets in advance of rehearsals and performances. Develop and implement a plan for load-in and load-out.
- Recruit, train, assign and manage volunteer and paid technical and production crew for rehearsals and performances.
- Secure and maintain positive relationships with vendors, contractors and any other personnel essential to the successful execution of the production.
- Ensure accountability and compliance with all company production policies among the technical and production crew.
- Track production expenses and deliver expense reports to the Strategic Director.
- Ensure all technical assets for the production are deployed on time and on budget.
- Develop the agendas and run all production meetings, and regularly report all production activities, progress and any issues to the Artistic/Executive Director.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills; strong project management and software skills (Basecamp, QLab, Vectorworks, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively, meet deadlines, multitask, work independently, supervise large teams, and quickly shift with changing priorities.
- Undergraduate college degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience; background in the arts preferred.
- Own a car/valid driver license.
The Technical Director will work full-time, 40 hours per week. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Technical Director” in the subject line.
Position open until filled. For immediate hire.
Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre creates innovative dance experiences in non-traditional places and provides learning opportunities in diverse neighborhoods. We invite our audience and artists to engage with one another and connect with their community in ways they have never experienced before. Founded in 1985, Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is a nonprofit, site-specific dance performance company based in Los Angeles, California.
To learn more about Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre, please visit us online at: www.heididuckler.org.