California Alliance for Arts Education
Los Angeles, CA
The California Alliance for Arts Education seeks a temporary (approximately 4-6 months) full-time Administrative Assistant who will provide administrative support for the Alliance’s Pasadena office.
The Alliance is in its fourth decade of working to build a brighter future for our state by making the arts a core part of every child’s education. Over its 37-year history, it has advanced its mission to advocate for high quality arts education for all students by providing policy expertise and by mobilizing a statewide network of advocates and allied partners. With an annual budget of $1,400,000, seven staff and several part-time contractors, it is the only statewide organization that brings together all primary constituencies for arts education, including arts organizations, K-12 teachers, professional teacher associations, state and local education departments, professional development providers, parents and PTAs, and interested community members in higher education and business.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) references as ONE (1) attachment in pdf format via email to email@example.com. Please state “Temporary Administrative Assistant Application” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
To learn more about the organization go to: www.artsed411.org
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to Alliance staff
- Coordinates logistics and prepares materials for meetings and special events, including board and Policy Council meetings
- Provides technology trouble-shooting and support
- Provides research support
- Creates and updates presentations
- Provides input on and support for ongoing projects such as Student Voices Campaign, state-wide summits, and regional breakfasts
- Tracks contracts and invoices due
- Represents the California Alliance to the public, works effectively with constituents, including Board members, Policy Council members, nonprofit arts organizations, independent contractors, vendors, and the general public
- Collaborates on upcoming events such as the Student Voices Campaign, creates design concepts, assists with travel arrangements, event layout and printed materials
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years of administrative experience preferred. Experience working in arts organizations and/or non-profit organizations a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary organizational, logistics, time management, project management, analytic and coordination skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through on projects/tasks
- Stellar editing and proofreading skills
- Advanced knowledge using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Macintosh platform required. Experience with PC platform, Quickbooks, or Smartsheet a plus. Experience with graphic design programs a plus.
- General technological savvy
- Strong online and database research and reporting skills
- Friendly, outgoing professional presence in telephone and face-to-face communication
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments with accuracy and within stated timeframe
- Flexibility in adapting to the current needs of the organization or project
- Creativity, curiosity, and a good sense of humor
- Experience, involvement, or interest in the arts or arts education a plus
- Meets or exceeds goals set by staff
- Manages portfolio of work and provides high level of service to Alliance stakeholders and staff
- Interacts effectively with staff, contractors, arts education constituency and the community
Compensation: Temporary, full-time, non-exempt position. Commensurate with experience.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Alliance values diversity and encourages minorities, women and individuals with disabilities to apply.