Los Angeles Master Chorale
Los Angeles, CA
Title: Temporary Advancement Associate
Reports to: Associate Director, Individual Giving
Status: Full Time / Regular / Non-Exempt
Summary of Duties
The Los Angeles Master Chorale, a resident company of The Music Center of Los Angeles, seeks a temporary Advancement Associate to provide administrative support to the Advancement team for a 12-week period.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, Functions
- Provide general administrative support: copying, printing, mailing, correspondence
- Support coordination of donations for silent and live auctions at 2018 Gala: tracking, receiving, packaging, storing, and moving donation items
- Coordinate weekly donor acknowledgement letter mailings
- Coordinate monthly membership mailings
- Monitor and respond to calls and correspondence from Friends of the Los Angeles Master Chorale
- Conduct prospect research
- Attend Master Chorale concerts and events as needed to provide support
- Gift entry and database maintenance as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Experience with Tessitura database a plus
- A passion for the mission and aspirations of the Master Chorale
A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter specifying how your experience relates to this position with the LA Master Chorale and a current résumé. Please attach documents in .pdf or .doc format.
Submit application materials at www.lamasterchorale.org/auditions-jobs
The Los Angeles Master Chorale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Los Angeles Master Chorale complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Los Angeles Master Chorale’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.