The Skirball Cultural Center
Los Angeles, CA
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks qualified candidates for temporary preparatory work. The temporary preparator performs a wide range of semi-skilled and skilled duties in the preparation, installation, de-installation, and care of objects and works of art at the museum level. Hours, schedule, and available work will vary weekly.
- Handle, move, pack, and safely install artwork and objects
- Install graphics, signage, labels, and lighting.
- Receive and uncrate shipments of art and related exhibition materials.
- Assist in the preparation and fabrication of temporary exhibition components such as display cases, mounts, frames, pedestals, and temporary walls as needed.
- Strong working knowledge and skills in the preparation, installation and care/handling of valuable objects in a museum or gallery. Museum experience preferred.
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently
- Ability to multitask and complete projects in a timely manner
- Knowledge of fabrication and production techniques and experience working with wood and machine shop tools
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of audiovisual equipment a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter by e-mail, FAX, or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Re: Temporary Preparator
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
FAX: (310) 440-4595