Blue Line Arts
Galleries hold immense power. A viewer enters under the premise that the contents of the space deserve to be heard, examined, taken seriously. You shouldn’t have to be American born and raised to have access to that privilege. We’re hosting the US Show to celebrate immigrant artists and actively make space for diversity. All artists born abroad who now call the United States home are welcome to apply. We can’t wait to see how your unique perspectives translate into art!
Exhibition Dates: November 15, 2019 – December 28, 2019
Deadline to enter: October 10, 2019
Artist Notification: October 17, 2019
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: November 9, 2019
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: November 10 and 11, 10am-3pm
Opening Reception: November 16, 2019 5pm- 8pm
Closing Reception: December 21, 2019 5pm-8pm
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts: December 29th and 30th 10am- 3pm
● All artwork must be original and completed within the last two years.
● Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts.
● All 2-D and 3-D works must be ready to hang, No sawtooth hangers; artworks must
have wire installed to hang.
● All artwork must be for sale.
● Accepted artwork that differs significantly from image in online submission will be
● No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing
● Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions. The artist agrees that the price submitted
in this form will be the price that the work will be sold for and may not change
hereafter. Please note, the gallery sales commission is 50/50 for Non-members or 60%
commission for current Artist Members.
● Size limitations
• Art must be able to enter through the doors with a clearance of 94”h x 91”w
• Ceilings in the gallery are 10 feet high
The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label from FedEx or UPS (No US Mail) for the return of artwork. Please mark the outside of your box with your last name in bold letters also please use blue painters tape when you wrap your artwork inside the box.
Application Requirements: Applicants must apply using the form on the Blue Line Arts website, http://www.bluelinearts.org/call-to-artists. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
The artist will need to agree that the price submitted in the online call to artist application form will be the price that the work will be sold for and may not change thereafter. Please note, the gallery sales commission is 50% for Non-members or 40% for current Artist Members.
Questions: If you have any questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during open hours at (916) 783-4117 or firstname.lastname@example.org