A Noise Within
A Noise Within, California’s premiere classical repertory theatre, is currently seeking a Theatre Management Intern.
The Theatre Management Intern will report to the Production Manager and Operations Coordinator, interfacing with every department to support both day-to-day administrative needs and long-term goals.
Duties will include:
- Assisting the Production Manager and Operations Coordinator with basic administrative tasks
- Conducting research related to production, front of house needs, facility maintenance, and general operations
- Preparing for and staffing special events and meetings
- Supporting production, development, marketing, and education departments as needed
Interns with initiative will also have the opportunity to tailor their experience at ANW, developing their understanding of subjects that most interest them. They will be able to gain relevant experience in such areas as:
- Managing a large company of union and non-union actors, stage managers, and artists
- Communicating with artist unions
- Working with a Board of Directors
- Gathering, analyzing, and reporting data essential to company operations
- Planning and coordinating special events
- Producing theatre programming
Management Interns are expected to be organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented. Competence in working with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook is strongly preferred. Interns will also often be asked to lift up to 20 pounds.
This position is unpaid. Interns must commit to working at least 10 hours per week for 10 weeks. A weekly travel stipend is available for interns working at least 16 hours per week. Interns will also receive free tickets to A Noise Within productions.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Operations Coordinator Jennifer Potell at email@example.com. Please include ‘Theatre Management Intern’ in the subject line. Visit www.anoisewithin.org for more information about the organization.