Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is pro-actively seeking a dedicated, engaging, customer service-oriented professional for future openings to join our team as a Part-Time Ticket Associate on the Box Office team. Reporting to the General Manager, this is a critical role in the organization's success as it is responsible for creating a high-quality experience for our patrons and donors. If you have excellent communication skills, enjoy offering welcoming and friendly patron services, have meticulous attention to detail, and are passionate about the performing arts programs presented by The Wallis, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Ensure a high-quality experience for all patrons. Assist patrons in a polite, friendly, and helpful manner, representing the Wallis Annenberg Center to the public, business contacts, and visiting companies with cordial professionalism;
- Interacts with all patrons for subscription, single ticket, group, and online sales, in addition to ticket fulfillment.
- Maintain familiarity with ADA requirements;
- Interfaces with the Ticket Services Manager to promote consistency in data and reporting;
- Assist with complimentary ticket fulfillment;
- Engage group sales, working to achieve sales and house fill goals;
- Answers, screens, and directs calls on a multi-line phone system. Assists callers, takes messages, and/or forwards calls to appropriate staff or voice mail;
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, emailing, and mailing as required;
- Other administrative duties include contacting patrons to resolve queries, updating patron records, and inputting various forms of data collection and entry;
- Maintain hygiene of database including Do Not Mail, Do Not Call, Do Not Trade lists;
- Make patrons and customers aware of relevant special offers, other Wallis shows, and services that The Wallis offers;
- Work as a team with marketing and event staff on scheduled performances, programs, and special events;
- Assist in the implementation of patron surveys and other marketing campaigns;
- Demonstrate a willingness to take the most effective role for the box office/ticketing team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- 1-3 years of experience working in a box office or a customer service type of environment preferred;
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, guests, and clients, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to interact positively with diverse staff and clientele in a fast-paced environment is required;
- Must be able to work calmly under tight deadlines and respond gracefully to high-pressure situations; and when possible, show initiative and plan ahead;
- Must be able to work well in a collaborative environment;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office with particular proficiency in Excel, are required;
- A High School diploma is required; Post-secondary education (diploma or certificate) and/or significant course work or related experiences in theater arts or related fields are preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position is an hourly, non-exempt position, and the pay range for this role is $16.00-$16.50 per hour, depending on experience. This is a part-time position and is eligible for Los Angeles Sick Leave (LASL) benefits and other statutory benefits. The Wallis provides paid parking.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume to [email protected] and include PT Ticket Associate in the subject line by August 30. No phone calls, please.
The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and encourages applicants of any age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or gender.