Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Beverly Hills, CA
Under the direction of the Ticket Services Manager this position assists in the day-to-day box office activities associated with selling tickets, ensuring data accuracy, and superior customer service. Additionally assists in supervising front line staff to ensure efficiency of work flow.
- 1-3 years of previous box office, customer service and Tessitura experience and/or intermediate knowledge of computerized ticketing software are required.
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, guests and clients, excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact positively with diverse staff and clientele in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Able to work calmly under tight deadlines and respond gracefully to high pressure situations; and when possible, show initiative and plan ahead
- Must be able to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office with particular proficiency in Excel are required.
- Post-secondary education (diploma or certificate) and/or major course work or related experiences in theater arts or related field are preferred.
- Functions as the front and back line lead by assisting the Ticket Services Associate staff with resolving issues and troubleshooting issues with the Assistant Ticketing Services Manager (ATSM).
- Coordinates all daily and pre-performance sales station setup, including assignment of cash drawers, will call, day of show, and daily ticket batch printing.
- Posts, maintains, adds, or releases ticket inventory and/or seat holds for third party vendors and The Wallis staff as needed.
- Interfaces with the Ticket Services Manager to promote consistency in data and reporting. Responsible for the production of group sales invoicing by acting as the primary point of contact.
- Assists patrons, subscribers, donors, single ticket buyers, groups and others with the purchasing of tickets or subscriptions.
- The Ticket Services Coordinator works closely with the Ticket Services Manager to execute accurate management of the Tessitura ticketing system. They ensure the integrity of the customer data through daily address updates, reporting, and corrections.
- Coordinates subscription renewal mailing campaigns.
- Maintains supplies and orders materials as needed.
- Conducts research on customer service issues, participates in department initiatives, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Answers, screens, and directs calls on a multi-line phone system. The TSC also assists callers, takes messages, and/or forwards calls to appropriate staff or voice mail.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, emailing, and mailing as required. Other administrative duties include telephoning patrons to resolve queries, updating patron records, and various forms of data collection and entry.
- Ensure the highest quality experience for all patrons by making them aware of relevant special offers, other Wallis shows, and services that The Wallis offers.
- Work as a team with marketing and event staff on scheduled performances, programs, and special events.
- Assist in the implementation of patron surveys and other marketing campaigns.
- Supervises part-time ticket services staff with particular front line responsibilities.
- Distributes and follows up on tasks given to the Ticket Services Associates by the Ticket Services Manager (i.e. package and mail printed tickets every day).
- Distributes phone messages and ensures that all calls are answered by the third ring, at the latest.
- Serves in rotation with the Ticket Services Manager and Assistant Ticket Services Manager as event MOD, by providing direction and answering questions when issues arise.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift up to 25 pounds; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].