Tierra del Sol Gallery
Tierra del Sol is seeking a GALLERY MANAGER (32 hours a week).
Tierra del Sol is seeking a highly motivated, well organized, and team-oriented person. The gallery manager works closely with the gallery director, making sure installations and openings are executed smoothly, didactic materials for the exhibitions are produced, sales are followed through with the utmost respect, making sure the gallery is open on time, clean and professional in appearance, among other tasks. Working hours are Wednesday 10:30 – 6pm, Thursday – Saturday, 11:00 – 6pm and Sunday, 11:00am – 5pm in Chinatown Los Angeles, plus gallery events (working hours are subject to change).
Job includes all aspects of gallery and exhibition operations including but not limited to:
• Be personable with visitors and provide information about the artists and gallery
• Achieving marketing, installation, preparation deadlines
• Daily file management
• Social media
• Assisting curator with gathering images, statements, etc. for exhibits
• All aspects of shipping work for sales and off campus events, including organizing for fairs
• Ordering supplies and materials including vinyl, postcards and regular office supplies
• At least 2 years of gallery or similar management experience
• Ability to manage daily art gallery operations, exercise independent judgment
• A professional, cheerful and polite demeanor, and the ability to work with customers,
staff and clients in a professional manner is required.
• Copy writing skills and ability to type with accuracy and to be able to carefully edit work.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word, FileMaker Pro, Photoshop/Adobe Cloud
Design software and experience in graphic design and production on Macintosh systems.
• You must have a car
• Art handling and installation experience a plus
Apply here by 5/5/2022.