Gander & White
Los Angeles, CA
We currently have a vacancy for a Trainee crate shop technician - cutter to work at our Los Angeles, CA facility. Prior experience in crating of artwork, 3D works, antiques and high end furniture a plus. Must be confident using a table saw and chop saw. Must be mentally and physically able to cut ply wood and pine boards for a couple hours each day. Must be able to read a tape measure down to a 16th of an inch. Other duties include, building and packing crates with artwork. Calibrating saws, scrap wood organization and disposal, routine maintenance and cleaning of dust collectors and saws. Must be clean and organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- Measure finished art works and fabricate crates in the appropriate manner for shipment.
- Proper use of woodworking equipment, hand and power tools involved in fabricating custom crates for shipping.
- Pack, band, brace, cover, and weigh crates as required.
- Maintain shop and supplies.
- Preparation of paperwork including bills of lading, labeling.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2+ years’ experience working in a crate shop or carpentry and construction environment..
- Comfortable in a results driven workplace. - Team Player, able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills, proficient in verbal and written English.
- Thorough knowledge & experience with industry standards for crating/carpentry.
- Above average strength & coordination - capacity to work comfortably in woodshop.
*Competitive hourly wage with health benefits*
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume along with salary requirements and references to email@example.com. We will only consider applicants who possess the minimum qualifications specified above.