Gander and White
Vernon/Los Angeles, CA
We currently have a vacancy for a Trainee crate shop technician to work at our Vernon/Los Angeles, CA facility. Prior experience in crating of artwork, 3D works, antiques and high-end furniture a plus. Must be confident using a table saw and chop saw. Must be mentally and physically able to cut ply wood and pine boards for a couple hours each day. Must be able to read a tape measure down to a 1/8th of an inch. Other duties include, scrap wood organization and disposal, routine maintenance and cleaning of dust collectors and saws. Must be clean and organized, with a strong attention to detail and can work overtime on a regular basis.
- Fabricate crates and pack them in the appropriate manner for shipment.
- Proper and safe use of woodworking equipment, hand and power tools.
- Pack, band, brace, cover, and weigh crates as required.
- Maintain shop and supplies.
- Preparation of paperwork including bills of lading, labeling.
- Qualifications & Skills: - 1+ year experience working in a crate shop or carpentry and construction environment.
- Comfortable in a results driven workplace. - Team Player, able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills, proficient in verbal and written English.
- Above average strength & coordination must be able to lift a minimum 100lbs .
**Competitive hourly wage with health benefits**
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume along with salary history/requirements and references to [email protected]. We will only consider applicants who possess the minimum qualifications specified above.