Los Angeles, CA
Position: Upper Level Management Position in External Affairs
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Status: Full -time
With the oversight of Advancement Director, this upper-level management position will oversee all externals affairs activity within the organization, including develop and maintain clear, branded, and consistent communication with P.S. ARTS stakeholders, broad community, and the general public; take an active role event management; oversee event PR and communication, as well advocacy-related communication strategies; manage event-specific fundraising; and guide and measure strategies that drive engagement and revenue via P.S. ARTS’ marketing and outreach channels. This position will also cultivate and steward relationships with corporate and individual contributors and help position P.S. ARTS as a key player in the arts education field by cultivating relationships with the media and representing the organization at advocacy and policy events.
- Advise CEO, Advancement Director, and Board of Trustees on External Affairs-related issues, goals, and strategies;
- Drive organization awareness, advocacy, and PR in government, community, and VIP circles through marketing and event channels;
- Contribute to advancement department consent agenda and department report for the Board of Trustees as needed;
- Supervise and mentor junior staff.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising and cultivation events in alignment with P.S. ARTS’ mission and values, including identifying and stewarding relationships with potential contributors;
- Collaborate with Advancement Director, CEO, and Externals Affairs Committee in creating and executing VIP/celebrity communications strategy in correlation with events;
- Oversee press activities and VIP/Dignitary support at P.S. ARTS events;
- Oversee creation and production of invitations, catalogs and event signage, and maintain external affairs-related information on the P.S. ARTS website;
- Cultivate and maintain strong volunteer relationships and serve as main point of contact for volunteer event committees;
- Develop event budgets;
- Develop relationships with corporate sponsors, and contribute to the preparation of corporate sponsorship proposals with the Advancement Director;
- Negotiate sponsorship/partnership terms based on guidelines set by the organization;
- Support the programs team with Community Outreach events, as needed;
- Work with the Deputy Director, the Advancement Director, and the Financial Analyst to reconcile event revenues and expenses;
- With the Advancement Director, develop event revenue goals for upcoming budget cycles.
- In consultation with the CEO, Advancement Director, and senior staff as appropriate, draft and disseminate program-related press releases and statements;
- Develop relationships with local press contacts and media outlets;
- Create marketing plan for each major event and secure press coverage and placements;
- Attend local, regional, and national policy and advocacy events, as appropriate;
- Brief senior staff on critical arts education news and policy issues;
- In collaboration with the Advancement Director, draft compelling content and campaigns that highlight organizational priorities and drive email capture, social following, and donations;
- Analyze communication strategies to ensure efficacy and engagement;
- Oversee brand consistency across departments;
- Develop appropriate content for all communications outlets including website, printed materials, social media platforms, and weekly blog.
This position requires a self-motivated, creative, and detail-oriented person. The ideal candidate will hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Master’s degree preferred) and demonstrated commitment to P.S. ARTS’ mission. Experience with an agency or brand with a strong network of influencer relationships in arts, education, and/or entertainment industries is preferred. 2+ years of experience in event planning and management is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
Please email a resume and cover letter with the subject line “External Affairs” to email@example.com.
Please, no hardcopies or phone calls.