Los Angeles/South Bay Cities, CA
Position: Violin Teaching Artist
Location: Los Angeles, South Bay Cities
Kings and Clowns DBA Arts Alive is hiring for a part-time Violin Teaching Artist for in-school and after-school programs in the South Bay and Los Angeles. Violin instructors with orchestral teaching experience a plus!
About the Organization:
Kings and Clowns DBA Arts Alive provide a creative platform for educational training to young people in music and performing arts. Every effort is made to ensure every child has access to arts education in our after-school in the South Bay and Los Angeles. We are a small, efficiently run nonprofit arts education organization that works closely with their teaching artists.
All of our teachers must be:
- Prepared to be fingerprinted, Virtus certified, and TB tested upon hire
- Prompt and flexible
- Highly motivated and a team player
- Willing to learn and grow with the organization
- Passionate towards educating young people
- Prepared to teach lessons to the California VAPA standards on lesson plans
- Equipped with a vehicle or reliable transportation
- Ability to control class with management tactics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Located within 20 minutes of the South Bay/Westside area
Over the last seven years our dedicated violin teachers have built strong daytime classes and after school classes teaching both classic Suzuki texts and modern day songs to engage the students. Teaching artists should have at least 1 year of group teaching experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Pursuing or acquired Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, arts education/administration/management, or related field
- Experience with K-8 schools and California VAPA standards a plus
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite, Google Drive
- Highly organized, a self-starter and able to prioritize, track projects and meet deadlines
- Able to solve problems and recommend alternatives to promote program effectiveness
- Visit artsalivela.org for more information on curriculum.
- Independent contractor will be scheduled for school hours, hours to be arranged.
- Independent contractor will be scheduled for after-school classes between 2:30 and 6:00pm for up to 12 hours per week. Some hours may be during the school day. Work and training outside normal business hours is rare but flexibility is expected.
Send your resume with two references, cover letter, photo/headshot to [email protected]. Interview will be conducted during December 2018. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate classroom teaching. The chosen teacher must be prepared to teach 4 afternoons and early evenings per week. Training and Staff Development will follow.