Marciano Art Foundation
Los Angeles, CA
VISITOR SERVICES SUPERVISOR
The Visitor Services Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Visitor Services department. Supervisor will assist with the on-boarding and training of new associates and support development initiatives in the areas of safety and education. Supervisor will report to the Visitor Services Manager (VSM) and will work closely with the Director of Special Events and Communications and Building Manager. Supervisor must be flexible to work evenings.
- Assist VSM in daily operations, including managing post and break schedules, reassigning and adjusting coverage as needed
- Ensure all part-time staff take required lunch and rest breaks in timely manner
- Oversee staff personnel during public hours and ensure all policies and procedures are implemented and streamlined
- Manage visitor-related complaints or concerns in a professional and engaged manner
- First responder for visitor and employee-related medical emergencies
- Assist VSM to facilitate corrective action conversations and conflict mediation
- Support VSM to conduct interviews and facilitate the onboarding and training of new hires
- Coordinate with VSM and Genesis educators to assign docents and lab assistants for K-12 school visits
- Oversee and track online training of VSAs via Litmos, online learning management software
- Support VSM to expand training curriculum within docent program
- Support docents to research and develop exhibition training content
- Assist with general process improvements and assist VSM with updating general policies and procedures
- Assist with staffing for special events and exhibition openings
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years relevant professional experience, in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in arts or business administration
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software (Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and email applications (Microsoft Office Outlook). Must be proficient in Mac and PC based applications
- Exceptional standards of customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Foreign language skills, a plus
- General HR knowledge is a plus
Full-time, Wednesday through Sunday from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. Must be available to work evenings with notice.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$42,000, Annual Salary. Benefits include medical and dental, vision is not included.
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected] by February 15.