Los Angeles, CA
Inner-City Arts is an oasis of learning, creativity and achievement in the heart of Skid Row, and a vital partner in the work of
creating a safer, healthier Los Angeles. Since its inception in 1989, Inner-City Arts has provided hands-on arts instruction to
over 210,000 public school students and 10,000 educators in the Los Angeles area. Every year, more than 5,000 elementary
and middle school students — from among the most underserved urban neighborhoods in Los Angeles — receive
high-quality creative experiences during the school day on the Inner-City Arts campus. More than 1,000 middle and high
school students engage in workshops at Inner-City Arts after school, on weekends and during the summer. In all this time,
Inner-City Arts has partnered with LAUSD to provide transformational learning that meets the needs of inner-city students.
The Visual Arts Studio Assistant is a non-exempt employee responsible for activities associated with the programming,
implementation and assistance of the studio classes.
This position will work mainly at our newest Inner-City Arts satellite
site located at Children’s Institute Inc. (CII) at 2121 West Temple Street, Los Angeles, 90026. The Visual Arts Studio
Assistant may also occasionally support on our main campus on Kohler Street. The Visual Arts Studio Assistant reports to
the Program Manager.
● Studio assistance: preparation of studio materials, set-up and breakdown of materials, clean up
● Organizing supply closets, inventory of supplies and equipment
● Ordering supplies and tracking inventory
● Working with Teaching Artists to implement curriculum during studio time with 1st to 8th grade students
● Documentation of studio experiences with students
● Mainly working from satellite site; may occasionally support at the Main Campus
● Ease working effectively with diverse audiences and patience with various skill levels
● Ability to pay careful attention to detail, capable of seeing the whole picture and anticipate where help is needed;
● Ability to use tools and equipment in the studio; awareness of safety requirements;
● Able to lift up to 50 lbs. for movement of tables, equipment, materials; able to climb ladders (frequently required to
stand and walk);
● Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with clientele, all levels of employees and management
● Completing other duties as assigned
The Visual Arts Studio Assistant must be an outstanding communicator. Essential is a deep commitment to the welfare of
children and the critical role that the arts play in their development. The Studio Assistant must have the capacity to thrive in
a fast-paced work environment that values vitality, integrity and flexibility. This position requires the skills to maintain and
build excellent working relationships with staff, teachers and the community served. Background in working with 1st
through 8th grade youth is desired as well as knowledge in visual arts. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
HOURS: PT, 20-25 hours per week
LOCATION: 2121 West Temple Street Los Angeles CA 90026 @Satellite site
Main campus is located at 720 Kohler Street Los Angeles, CA 90021
SALARY: $15.00 per hour
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and letter of interest to the Hiring Committee, via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Visual Arts Studio Assistant”.
Inner-City Arts engages employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, family care status, military
caregiver status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by
local, state, or federal laws. All who believe they meet the stated qualifications are invited to apply. Inner-City Arts is an
equal opportunity employer.