The Los Angeles Music and Art School (LAMusArt) was founded in 1945 to provide youth in the community of Boyle Heights and East Los Angeles with safe and engaging arts programs during unsupervised after-school hours. Since its inception, its mission has been to provide equitable access to year-round, multidisciplinary, and after-school artistic programs for under-resourced students living in the community of East Los Angeles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Teach private classes to beginning and intermediate students• Create and implement private study syllabus with VAPA integration• Support, host and attend student performances (Recitals)
• Maintain a safe and nurturing environment for students
• Track and maintain student attendance
• Create detailed substitute lesson plans and arrange for substitute coverage
• Submit time sheets and behavioral reports
• Other duties as assigned REQUIRED
• Four-year undergraduate degree in music/music education or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated excellent musicianship and artistry as a teacher/performer
• Extensive knowledge of repertoire, curriculum and pedagogy
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Interest and ability to be a motivational mentor and role model for students, parents and peers
• Punctual; attention to detail and deadlines
• Reliable transportation
• Cover Letter
• Résumé/Curriculum Vitae
• 5 –10 minutes video/audio performance and/or teaching sample (Video links to Dropbox, Vimeo or YouTube preferred in place of an attached electronic video file. No hard copy DVDs or tapes.)
•Experience working with children from diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds; exposure working in underserved communitiesAble and willing to work evenings and weekends as required.
•Possession of a valid California driver’s license, personal vehicle, and valid insurance.
•Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
Apply please email resume, samples and cover letter to LAMusArt Executive Director Manuel Prieto at [email protected] by August 10.
Addl Info. $29-$39/hour DOE