Gander and White
Los Angeles, CA
We currently have a vacancy for a skilled warehouse technician with experience within the Fine Art and Antiques shipping industry. Candidate will be working at our Los Angeles, CA facility. Prior experience in handling, packing of artwork, 3D works, and antiques is required.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and releasing of Fine Art, Antiques and Household items;
- Packing, unpacking and handling all items in a safe and efficient manner;
- Properly load and unload trucks inclusive of artwork/antiques and other related materials;
- Maintains accurate paperwork including bills of lading for jobs and storage account information;
- Condition reporting, photographing, client viewings and setups, placing items in storage and pulling items for delivery or releasing;
- Warehouse space management using proper storage techniques, stacking and organizing items on storage racks in a safe and efficient manner;
- Ensures warehouse cleanliness, checks materials and equipment to ensure proper operation; • Pre-stage truck shipments, for loading and unloading;
- Monitor and maintain packing materials and equipment inventory;
The ideal candidate will possess the following as minimum qualifications:
High school diploma or its GED equivalent; 1-3 years of warehouse experience;
Fine Art background preferred;
Experience in art handling is strongly preferred;
Computer experience with Excel, Microsoft Word, is preferred;
Demonstrated ability to facilitate problem resolution;
Ability to operate various kinds of equipment including, forklift, dollies, jay bars and hand trucks;
Good communication skills, excellent customer service and a positive attitude are a must.
*Competitive hourly wage with health benefits*
HOW TO APPLY
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume along with references to email@example.com. We will only consider applicants who possess the minimum qualifications specified above.