Women's Center for Creative Work (WCCW)
Los Angeles, CA
This is a part-time, non-exempt staff position to promote all things WCCW
• Approximately 24 hours per week
• Projected hourly rate $20-$24/hour based on internal WCCW payscale, paid holidays and vacation time, healthcare stipend, and professional development stipend.
• We pay for all your programs, including Adobe and Dropbox
• Laptop provided by WCCW
This position will be remote through at least August 2021, although candidates should live, or plan to live, in the Los Angeles area by Fall 2021.
WCCW is seeking a forward thinking, skilled graphic designer. This is a part-time staff position that will work directly with the Communications and Marketing Director to brainstorm campaign concepts and deliver visual assets for membership drives, WCCW programming, and special events, as well as create visual marketing deliverables for newsletters and emails in MailChimp, web icons, landing pages and special websites, social media graphics, among other responsibilities.
The ideal candidate is thoughtful and collaborative, open to explorating how WCCW can use design as a tool to effectively communicate, while still having fun and pushing the boundaries of a designer’s role in a non-profit. Additionally, they are skilled in graphic design and have a keen eye for typography. They should be organized and able to work independently on a timeline.
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who deeply resonates with WCCW’s core values and is not only excited to design from them, but to discuss them and engage in WCCW processes to define and evolve our aesthetic style with these in mind. We highly encourage BIPOC, queer, trans, and nonbinary folks to apply!
• Working closely with the Communications and Marketing Director to develop graphics for WCCW programming, including social media assets, emails, and web icons for each event.
• Develop branded materials for stand-alone events hosted by WCCW, while still maintaining visual cohesion throughout
• Collaborate with the visual marketing team to develop branded creative across multiple channels, including, but not limited to, print, video, digital, and other emerging media.
• Implementing new brand guidelines and visuals based on upcoming rebrand.
This is a role we’re urgently looking to fill, applications close on April 2, 2021, and we’d like to begin on-boarding our new hire starting the week of April 26th or May 3rd.
To apply, complete the form below by April 2nd at 11:59pm PST.