About Arts & Healing Initiative (AHI)
Our mission is to transform lives through creative expression by integrating the innate benefits of the arts with mental health practices for self-discovery, connection, and empowerment.
Our experiential education programs are designed to serve all ages and populations, including those living with challenges such as trauma, loneliness, disability, illness, loss, or social isolation. Our sustainable strategy for meeting the needs of under-resourced communities includes partnerships, online trainings, free programs in socially and emotionally supportive practices that anyone can use, and an online Certificate Program in Social Emotional Arts for those who want to learn how to develop, deliver, and evaluate their own effective curricula.
Founded in 2004, we are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours per week) Programs Manager who will be responsible for the management of all components of our signature programs, including the Certificate Program in Social Emotional Arts. The Programs Manager will be responsible for all administrative tasks—from correspondence with participants to coordination with instructors—related to these programs.
Reports To Founder & Director
Position Hours & Location
This position is 100% remote, although occasional appearances at special staff gatherings or networking events may be required. Work hours are flexible and allow for self-management of time, although agreed upon, daily, core weekday hours will be established to facilitate staff communication. Location in the Southern California region is preferred. Frequent work on weekends is necessary to manage predominantly online programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
Signature Program Management (50%)
For this role, we are seeking someone with strong organizational skills and experience in creating efficient and automated systems to coordinate similar efforts across our four signature programs.
* Schedule program dates in master scheduling calendar and correspond with Zoom hosts and instructors in regards to assigned teaching schedules. Add each program date to the AHI calendar when finalized
* Communicate with program registrants before and after sessions
* Oversight of instructors, including but not limited to crafting memorandum of understanding, prep sessions, annual update of instructor bios and headshots, and assisting Communications team by sending relevant PR and outreach info to the instructors to share with their communities
* Maintain program rosters, course enrollment, and continuing education documentation. Keep up-to-date records and communications logged in Salesforce
* Manage Thinkific LMS by updating lesson module content and files as well as updating presentation slide decks and tech outlines
* Issue Certificates of Completion, including Confirmation of Attendance for continuing education
* Train and manage a team of Zoom hosts on how to facilitate class sessions, including documentation of attendance and guidelines for recording sessions and supporting participants
Upload recorded sessions into AHI’s private YouTube channel
* Manage the application process for the Certificate Program in Social Emotional Arts (SEA), including review and approval, issuance of acceptance letters, and determination of scholarship levels and payment plans
* Email information needed by instructors to prepare for SEA sessions
* Track SEA trainee attendance, pre-session assignments, and post-session surveys
Audit SEA trainees with outstanding program requirements
Administrative Duties (50%)
* Manage AHI’s general email inbox
* Manage Google Voice account and general messages
* Curriculum Manual Orders
* Track and fulfill curriculum ebook/digital manual
web, bulk, and PO orders
*Track and coordinate with our printer to fulfill
curriculum print manual web, bulk, and PO orders
* Troubleshoot with customers as needed on
shipping and delivery status, ebook/digital
download inquires, etc.
* Finance Management
* Track active or delinquent payments and
payment plans for the Online Certificate Program
in Social Emotional Arts through Google Sheets
and PayPal.Audit SEA payments to ensure
* Process refunds for AHI programs (when
* Track and ensure timely instructor invoice
* Manage trainee scholarships (including tracking)
across all four signature programs
* Misc Program Admin
* Update (and/or create) policies and procedures as
needed to further streamline and make
programming run as smoothly and efficiently as
* Process and track payments of occasional purchase orders
Conduct other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Operations & Communications Director.*
*As a small non-profit organization, each staff member may be asked periodically to assume responsibility for tasks not explicitly in their job description yet within their skill set, such as assistance with research into alternate continuing education provider options, etc.
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required
* Minimum of 2-3 years working in a non-profit
organization or related field
* Compatible interests to the field and alignment with our mission
* Strong interpersonal skills and customer service oriented
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong administrative skills
* Strong analytical skills, with the ability and desire to problem solve
* Detail-oriented with strong organizational, time, and project management skills
* Self-starter, with demonstrated success in meeting deadlines
* Tech-savvy, with proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Zoom, Shopify, and Thinkific.
* Salesforce or any other database management and learning management systems experience is a plus
* Collaborative, efficient, positive, energetic, and proactive team player
* Three strong professional references
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header, “AHI Programs Manager Position.” by 1/31/2024! Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Thank you for your interest!
$66,560 | PPO Health Insurance, Generous PTO Package, including two paid week-long winter and summer breaks, CalSavers Retirement Savings Program
Equal Opportunity Employer
Arts & Healing Initiative does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other restricting classification in its provision of scholarships and selection of applicants.