L.A. DANCE PROJECT
ABOUT THE POSITION
This role reports to the Executive Director as a member of the senior leadership team. The Director of Development plays a critical role in advancing the organization’s mission and vision, and is responsible for promoting the Company’s brand with a primary focus on fundraising and public engagement. Additional key responsibilities include: expanding involvement for current and new supporters, increasing financial investment in LADP, and building a strong and diverse network of stakeholders. The Director of Development is the chief fundraiser for the organization, and the primary architect of LADP’s fundraising strategy and vision. Overall, this position requires a strong commitment to the organization’s mission, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of successful fundraising campaigns and revenue generation.
DAY TO DAY: ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and oversee the creation and execution of an annual development plan to meet organizational goals, currently set at $3.1M.
Support the Executive Director with Board development and engagement, including managing the Board Development Committee.
Stay up-to-date on best practices and trends in nonprofit fundraising: Research and stay current on the latest trends and best practices in fundraising, and implement new strategies and techniques to continuously improve the organization’s fundraising programs.
Leadership & Staff Development
Coordinate with programming, volunteer, and development teams to create mission- aligned opportunities to showcase students, volunteers, and educators in our events, promotional videos, and other media.
Oversee the donor pipeline, including all cultivation and stewardship strategies.
With the Executive Director and Board, grow the individual donor program, estimated to bring in $100,0000 this year, and deepen existing relationships that will support the organization in the longer term.
Manage a portfolio of major donors ($5,000+), including prospecting, solicitation, and stewardship.
Spend time visiting with and stewarding donors, partners, and prospects, and representing LADP publicly in order to secure major and transformational gifts for our work.
Track and report on fundraising progress, analyzing donor data and metrics to measure the effectiveness of fundraising efforts.
Oversee the creation and management of development events including peer-to-peer fundraisers, the LADP gala, and donor cultivation and stewardship events.
LADP seeks a highly motivated candidate that is driven by a commitment to equity within the arts and passionate about Los Angeles and building a culture of dance for our community. Other qualifications include:
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field such as non-profit management, business administration, marketing or related field.
– At least 5 years’ experience in fund development for a nonprofit organization, preferably in the field of the arts.
– Experience managing a team of development professionals and leading fundraising campaigns.
– Superb written and verbal communication skills to represent LADP and its values in public-facing opportunities with donors, community members, and partners.
– Collaborative and innovative problem-solving approach with strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with donors, stakeholders, and team members.
– Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with donors and partners, including major gift donors, corporate sponsors, and foundation representatives.
– Models expectations for an inclusive environment where staff, volunteers, stakeholders and students from all backgrounds thrive.
– Understanding of fundraising techniques, including direct mail, online giving, major gifts, planned giving, and events.
– A track record of successful fundraising campaigns and achievement of revenue targets is preferred.
– Proficiency in donor management software such as donor management and tracking systems, prospect research databases, and email marketing is preferred.
– Knowledge of Google Office Suite is preferred.
– Direct experience cultivating and soliciting donations at the $25,000 level and up.
– Proficiency in Spanish, both verbal and written, is preferred but not required.
– Passion for the organization’s mission and a commitment to promoting its values and vision.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is an exempt, full-time position. Workdays are Monday through Friday (during business hours, to be agreed upon), and the flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required is necessary. Benefits include 15 days of vacation for the first 2 years, 20 days after that, time off for most school and federal holidays, and participation in LADP’s health care plan at 100%. The annual salary range for this position is $80K-$90K commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com by 9/1/2023. The cover letter should focus on why you are interested in this position and what uniquely qualifies you to do the job well.
LADP prioritizes and incorporates Equity, Diversity, Access, and Inclusion in all facets of the organization. Applicants of all ages and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. LADP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and highly encourages persons of color, LGBTQIA persons, gender non-conforming persons, persons with disabilities, and any other protected groups per local, state, and federal law are encouraged to apply for this position.