The Actors Gang
Culver City, CA
The Actors’ Gang (TAG) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that has been presenting relevant and vibrantly entertaining plays in Los Angeles and worldwide for over 40 years. Our groundbreaking Prison Project is currently in fourteen California prisons, serving incarcerated women, men and children with rehabilitation programs that significantly reduce the recidivism rate. Our Education Department serves 2,500 children in Los Angeles public schools through in-school immersion and after-school programs and by participating in classes that encourage acceptance, respect and team building in a fun, impactful way.
The Actors’ Gang Marketing Manager is in-person and responsible for influencing and executing The Actors’ Gang (TAG) traditional and digital marketing strategies, public relations and audience-building initiatives. We are looking for a prolific and talented content creator who is skilled in using the latest digital marketing tools to expand TAG’s reach and increase production ticket sales, develop community engagement, expand audience awareness, and improve company web, email, and social media presence. Experience in performing arts publicity desired.
The Marketing and Social Media Specialist position is full-time at 35 hours per week, and requires some scheduling flexibility that may include evenings and weekends during events and productions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Production and Development Teams to create and coordinate event publicity and production programs/playbills.
- Draft press releases, research designers/illustrators for production artwork, work closely with company graphic designer.
- Develop and execute successful and creative digital marketing campaigns using tools such as MailChimp, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok, and TAG’s website.
- Work closely with Production, Education, Prison Project, and TAG’s Board Fundraising Committee to develop, maintain and implement social media strategies and content calendars.
- Analyze and leverage key metrics to build, monitor and improve digital marketing and social media campaigns.
- Seek creative new ways to market online with the latest digital platforms, tools and trends.
- Manage the creation of video content and messaging to grow social media channels, e-mail communication and website traffic, capturing key events company-wide.
- Proactively identify and execute collaborations with local social media influencers to grow audiences and drive ticket sales.
Identify and develop internal success stories for public/multi-media channel distribution, producing stories and digital content.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate metrics reports, including but not limited to digital media program outcomes and effectiveness, strategic goals monitoring and highlights, general marketing reports.
A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in marketing, public relations, or a related field preferred.
Experience: Three years of experience preferred, but will consider less for the right candidate.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- High degree of professionalism with ability to work under stressful situations and tight deadlines.
- Superior organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, collaboration, and people skills.
- Creative, detail-oriented and resourceful problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Outstanding customer services skills.
- Proven experience in digital marketing, social media, email campaign, and video content creation.
- Experience with customer relationship management and email programs, including MailChimp and AudienceView/OvationTix or other patron CRM databases.
- Professional experience creating content for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Snapchat and Pinterest.
- Experience in strategic target marketing, segmentation, and geo-targeting.
- Understanding of social media, website analytics, and digital marketing best practices.
- Graphic Design skills a plus, but not required.
$65k / Annual
Full Time, Exempt, 35 hour minimum per week
Benefits: Health, Dental, low cost Vision option, paid Vacation
To Apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject line: Marketing Manager byh October 20, 2023
The Actors’ Gang is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. The Actors’ Gang makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.