Arts & Healing Initiative
About Arts & Healing Initiative
Our mission is to transform lives through creative expression by integrating the innate benefits of the arts with mental health practices for self-discovery, connection, and empowerment.
Our experiential education programs are designed to serve all ages and populations, including those living with challenges such as trauma, loneliness, disability, illness, loss, or social isolation. Our sustainable strategy for meeting the needs of under-resourced communities includes partnerships, online trainings, free programs in socially and emotionally supportive practices that anyone can use, and an online Certificate Program in Social Emotional Arts for those who want to learn how to develop, deliver, and evaluate their own effective curricula.
Founded in 2004, we are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
We are seeking a part-time Social Media Manager to grow and support our virtual community. This role will create original graphics and content across all our social media channels to bolster our mission, promote our community programming, and share resources and news that highlight the intersection of the arts and healing.
Part-Time (10 hours per week). We are open to hiring either a 1099 independent contractor, or a non-exempt employee at a pay rate range of $22 – $25/hour. If interested in applying as a contractor, please include your hourly rate and/or monthly retainer fee in your application.
Reports to Operations & Communications Director
Position Hours & Location
This position is 100% remote. Work hours are flexible and allow for self-management of time, although agreed upon core weekday business hours will be established to facilitate staff communication.
* 3-4 social media posts on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn each week; posts to be written in organization’s voice, with content focused on program promotion as well as news, events, research, and other updates in the field and within the broader community
* Create custom graphics for social posts as well as use existing AHI photos/videos as applicable
Manage social media calendar and collect data across all social media accounts
* Present monthly data reports that include insights and suggested action items to further support and grow our community
* Prepare and present end of year social media report for org annual report
* Engage with the AHI community via comments, shares, etc. within the same business day; field basic questions as needed
* Forward inquiries to appropriate staff members as needed within two business days
* Create Facebook and LinkedIn events for all community programming
* Research and collect related content from news, community organizations, and published research in the field to share
* Field social media requests from faculty, board members, and community partners
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferred
* Minimum 2-3 years working for a non-profit or related field in a similar role
* Strong organizational, time, and project management skills
* Demonstrated interest and passion for media
* Detail-oriented self-starter, with demonstrated success in meeting deadlines
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Tech-savvy, with proficiency in Buffer and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
* Proficiency in Canva required
* Collaborative, results-oriented, positive, energetic, and proactive team player.
* Three strong professional references
Equal Opportunity Employer
Arts & Healing Initiative does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other restricting classification in its provision of scholarships and selection of applicants.
To apply, please send your résumé, cover letter, and samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject header “Arts & Healing Initiative Social Media Manager Position.” by 1/31/2024! Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Thank you for your interest!