Pepperdine University Center for the Arts
To provide overall support in the operations of the facilities at the Lisa Smith Wengler Center for the Arts. This position provides support for operations at the Center for the Arts, enhancing the educational experience at the university for all students and providing a professional laboratory to train students in the arts.
- Supervise front of house at all major performances and assign student staff for all performances. Oversee box office, concessions, parking, and merchandising for each event. Hire and train student ushers and house managers.
- Manage off and on campus rental groups including responding to all inquiries, scheduling, confirming dates, preparing estimates, preparing contracts, and managing deposits. Maintain rental budgets.
- Maintain schedules for Smothers Theatre, Raitt Recital Hall, and Lindhurst Theatre. Respond to on campus and off campus requests for facility use.
- Secure hospitality for visiting artists including housing, transportation, catering, and security.
- Maintain facilities in coordination with other Pepperdine departments (Department of Facilities Services, Planning, Operations, and Construction, etc). including maintenance, security, and cleaning issues.
- Assist the Managing Director with day to day operations, including contracting, programming, fundraising, marketing, and development.
- Supervise Box Office and Patron Communications Manager to ensure all ticketing needs are met. Oversee financial processes for front of house. Maintain PCI compliance standards (Payment Card Industry compliance).
- Plan and oversee the Parkening International Guitar Competition, produced at Pepperdine approximately every four years.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
Salary: $64,480 – $68,000
Benefits: In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package. See here
To Apply or for more information please visit here by November 27, 2023.